Selling your home is always a big undertaking. Beyond the tasks at hand, your home usually represents one of your largest investments you own. With something of this importance it is a must to make sure that you are selecting the right real estate professional that best fits your needs and has the ability to get the job done.
There is much more to selling a home then putting it into the MLS. A seasoned professional will be able to help you assess the current market so that you can properly price your home. They should also provide strong recommendations of what you need to do to get your home ready. In addition to an aggressive marketing plan, they most certainly should have a thorough understanding of contracts and be skilled negotiators. Lastly, your Realtor should be adept at migrating through the myriad of issues that occur behind the scenes so that your sale proceeds as smoothly as possible.
There are a number of things you will want to consider when interviewing and selecting an agent.
Gaining a good understanding to the following questions in your interview is certain to help you make an informed decision with successful results.
- How long have you been in the business?
- Are you a full or part time agent?
- Can you provide references?
- How many homes have you sold in the past 12 months?
- How many listings do you have presently?
- How many listings do you normally carry?
- What is your ratio of your Sold Listings vs. Expired?
- Do you have any advanced designations such as Broker’s License, (CRS) – Certified Residential Specialist, (GRI) – Graduate Realtor Institute,(CDRS) – Certified Default Resolution Specialist
- What area(s) do you normally work in?
- What are the key components of your marketing plan and what makes them effective?
- What is your recommended list price and projected sale price? How were they determined?
- Can you assist with recommendations in preparing my home for sale?
Scott Tufford & Associates of RE/MAX Greater Atlanta has 4 Goals in mind for You
1. Sell your home at the highest possible price
2. Negotiate an agreement with terms acceptable to you
3. Close the sale in the shortest time possible
4. Make your experience a happy and memorable event
Our Strategic Action Plan
Gain a Complete Understanding of your Goals, Needs, and Concerns
Provide assistance in Preparing your Home for Sale
Design a Custom Marketing Plan that focuses on Your Home and Your Buyers
Consistent Market Updates and Showing Feedback Reports
Contract Negotiation with Your Needs in Mind
Attentive Follow Through from Contract to the Closing Table
Call Us Today to schedule a “No Obligation” Meeting
Scott Tufford & Associates
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
Broker, GRI, ABR, CDRS